Thursday, September 18, 2008

Freedom of Religion


One of the big stories this week is the protests and counter-protests in Grand Island and Greeley Colorado regarding prayer times for Muslim employees at the Swift packing plant. I am not against prayer, as long as it doesn’t work when people pray for bad things to happen to me, or when folks pray that I will join their religion. Here are a few things that I would like to see in any religion that I joined:
· No dietary restrictions. Pork, beef, meat on Friday, I want to eat ’em all.
· No early morning services. C’mon, church on Sunday morning?
· No commandments. No one obeys them all anyway.
· No special clothing or hairstyles.
· Clear and concise list of what prayers will get answered and which will not. No more of this “mysterious ways” crap.
· Weekly Meet ‘N’ Greet with God/gods to get to know him/her/them with a question and answer time.

No comments: