Saturday, May 2, 2020

Kinkaider Snozzberry Sour

Sours are not for everyone...but they are for me! I'd always get a kick out of the Yia-Yia's bartenders whenever I'd order one saying "Sir, you know this is a sour, right?" In my not-so-humble opinion, sours are the ideal summer beer, and they're one of the beer styles where flavorings, especially fruit flavorings, don't detract from the ale itself.

The color is kind of hard to describe, reddish, almost like the color you'd expect from an herbal tea. Must be the snozzberry. Not much of a head. Seriously though, "snozzberry" is probably a combination of cherry and raspberry, maybe a little lemon zest and grapefruit too. Definite tartness, but not too much of a pucker factor. I'd pair it with a green salad or perhaps seafood. I'd give it a 7.5 on the IGB scale.

No comments: