Saturday, March 28, 2009

It Tastes Like Butter on Crack



Hah! Gotcha! You people thought that Spring was here because we experienced a few “nice” days where the sun was shining and the stupid robins were chirping. Well I hope those robins have warm socks and ear muffs because winter is fixin’ to dope-slap us one more time. It’s a good thing though, since I was running out of things to complain about, and this ought to tide me over until mid-summer when temperatures exceed 100° in the shade at midnight. I’ve been trying to keep up the drumbeat of despair over high gas prices, but folks have finally started noticing that they’re not over $4.00 per gallon anymore. Milk prices have gone down and tax withholding has decreased as well. I guess I can complain about the trillion dollar deficits that are coming up these next few years, but I figure that the Chinese are really nice people and once they buy us out things will finally get organized around here. Of course I could continue to complain about the war in Iraq, or maybe complain that we’re leaving Iraq, but what the heck, we’re still in Afghanistan and there’s always Iran. Illegal immigration? Why should I worry about people sneaking in here to scoop up all the minimum wage jobs? I’m more concerned about the legal immigrants with advanced degrees who are applying for all the good jobs.
So what’s left to complain about? I guess until the Husker’s first loss of the season all that I’m left with is the weather.

No comments: