Monday, November 9, 2009

Vacation!



Vacation isn't over yet, and it's been the longest consequetive stretch of time off since I was hospitilized about 3 years ago, but I have really gotten used to the idea of not going to work every day.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a grueling, hard physical labor type of job, I have a boss who doesn't micromanage me, I (mostly) get along with the people that I work with, and it takes me about 5 minutes to get to work in the morning!
But it's still work.
In the eleven days of my vacation, I spent a lot of time writing, took a seven-hour hike through Wilderness Park, saw two awesome blues concerts, took road trips to Lawrence Kansas to perform a wedding and to St. Louis Missouri to hear a lecture from author and spiritual teacher Christopher Penczak, and sampled a lot of beer. I slept in when I wanted to, saw the sunrise when I wanted to and watched the movie Second Hand Lions at the recommendation of a co-worker. I got a lot of great pictures at all of these activities.
Unfortunately, I need the income from my job to be able to afford to do these things, and maybe after a few months the retirement life would be less exciting.
As for now, I'm going to enjoy the last two days of my time off!

No comments: