Monday, November 16, 2009

Beer Review: Michelob Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale

Holy cask! This was a most pleasant surprise! Michelob & Budweiser specialty brews tend to be (in my not-so-humble opinion) craft beers with training wheeks ion them. In other words, a great introduction for Bud and Michelob drinkers to "real" craft beer styles like Pale Ale, marzen and Dunkelweizen. My first thought when I took my first sip was "Whoa...they put some freakin' bourbon in this bottle with the beer!" On further sipping, I found what I describe as a cream soda-like taste. The color is a clear ruby red, not much of a head, but a unique, exciting taste. I give this baby a 7.5 on a scale of ten. AB recommends pairing it with seafood or clam chowder, which I will definitely try at a later date. This stuff is good!

No comments: