Friday, May 27, 2011

Left Hand Sawtooth Ale

While down in Kansas City Susie & I visited a grocery store and Susie encouraged me to take home any beer that caught my eye. Left Hand has been one of my Top Ten breweries, but it hasn't been available in Lincoln lately, so I brought a six-pack home. Below in italics is a review from last May:

Extra Special Bitter, kind of like a pale ale. Pours a hazy orange color with a minimal head, light hoppy aroma, little bit o' grapefruit in the first sip. Some vanilla and nuttiness, Hops are not at all strong, but a definitely evident. Very drinkable. I'd recommend this one for Ron Rumery!


Some things to add: caramel notes along with a creamy texture. The hops seem a little more obvious this time around, maybe I was drinking too many IPA's back last May!

No comments: