Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beer Review: Boss Tom's Golden Bock by Boulevard

Coppery golden color and no head to speak of, high carbonation. Hint of apple & pear in the aftertaste. Other reviewers referred to it as a "Maibock", which is a paler and hoppier, less malty version of a traditional bock. Might as well just call it a pilsner and be done with it. Not bad, but I'm glad that I didn't invest in a six pack.

Added March 2011:


This must be one of those beers that tweak the recipe every year. Either that or my taste buds have changed! This year's version seemed to have more maltiness to it than last year; I've also noticed that they must filter it, which Boulevard typically doesn't do. the pear & apple is still there from last year, but there's an earthy, kind of a nutty aftertaste that really firms it up. This year I would invest in a six pack! 

No comments: