Friday, May 29, 2015

Zipline Country White

Before I had taken my first sip the aroma of Belgian yeast tickled my olfactory sense. Zipline bills Country White as a sessionable Farmhouse Ale - "farmhouse" being equivalent to "Belgian Wit" or "Saison". Zipline is one of a few up and coming small craft brewers in Nebraska and I can't say theyve ever steered me wrong. Country White poured the color of ripe apricot with a small white head that quickly dissipated. As previously stated, the aroma was strong and the taste was as well. In addition to the traditional farmhouse flavor, I could also detect some lemon zest, a hint of coriander and some pear and apple as well. In the Ill-Gotten Booty Big Book of Beer, farmhouse ales are great for the summer, especially at the end of a sweltering hot day as the sun is going down. Country White s no exception...hopefully it will be available all summer!

No comments: