Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lagunitas 2015 One Hitter Series: Waldos' Special

I'm a few weeks late on this review. I was in Yia-Yia's on April 20th and they were doing a one-day special on this beer. Apparently this beer has something to do with a couple of stoners both named Waldo, and they release it every year on 4/20. This is quite the beer. Although some reviewers claim to detect a hint of cannabis in the taste and aroma, I didn't notice it myself. At 11%+ ABV, this is one serious beer. You catch the alcohol heat right off the bat and there's hops-a-plenty. Lots of resiny pine, grapefruit, mango, pineapple, caramel and brown sugar - all marching together in perfect cooperation - not vying for individual attention. Too bad it's not available year 'round, although I've gone back twice and found it still on tap.

No comments: