Thursday, April 26, 2012

Southern Tier Pale Ale

So, here I am, sitting in a hotel bar in Kansas City and I spot two draft handles - and neither is local favorite Boulevard! One is Tall Grass, a brewery with which I have some familiarity, and a second, called Southern Tier Pale Ale. Now until that very moment I had never heard of Southern Tier, and assumed that it must be a local brewery. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was brewed in Lakewood, New York! Poured down the side of the glass by the bartender, there were nonetheless a copious amount of snow white foam over the golden hued ale. There was some lemon in the taste, and some floral notes wafting around, but overall pretty light and refreshing for a pale ale. Not too hoppy, but a little bit of a bite. I do not believe that Southern Tier is available in Lincoln, but I will be investigating!

No comments: