Friday, April 13, 2012

Guinness Black Lager

I've been putting off trying the relatively new Guinness Black Lager simply because I didn't want to risk buying a whole six pack if I didn't like it. I ordered a bottle with dinner at The Press Box tonight and it wasn't half bad. Frankly I've had better black lagers, but Guinness put together a decent brew. I don't know how many times that I've heard people say "I don't like dark beers", when their only experience with a darker beer was a Guinness when they were sixteen years old. As most lovers of a multitude of beer styles know, "dark" refers mainly to the color, and doesn't necessarily reflect on the taste. Guinness Black Lager does a good job of being appealing to the non-stout drinkers out there. If you're looking for a heavy, rich brew you'll be disappointed, but if you're after a beer that while cool and refreshing still has some body and depth of character, this beer may be for you.

No comments: