Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beer Review: Schell's Variety Pack


I've never tried Schell's beer before, but they were offering one each of 6 varieties, so here goes:



  • Pilsner: Most domestic beers for mass consumption are Pilsners, a light-colored, refreshing lager that has broad appeal. This particular Pils outshines most that I tasted. Slightly hoppy with a white foamy head, this one went down real smmoth.

  • Pale Ale: I'm drinking one now! Light amber colored, hoppy, but not too hoppy, if you know what I mean!

  • Firebrick: This is a reddish colored lager with a hearty taste that compares well with better bocks. Sweet, malty taste with a hoppy aftertaste

  • Stout: Compares to Guiness, but not as heavy

  • Dark: The only one of the bunch that I'm not too impressed with. Dark colored, but not very unique in flavor

  • Zommerfest: Medium hoppiness, brewed with honey. A good "lawnmower" beer

I'd recommend this six pack to anyone partial to the lighter or hoppier brews.

No comments: