Thursday, September 24, 2009

Beer Review: Sam Adams Fruit Beers

At one time I stayed away from fruit flavored or fruit brewed beers; I'd run screaming like a little girl if I found some in the fridge. Sam Adams has changed my mind, but only in certain circumstances.
  • Blackberry Wit was part of the Summer Styles 12-pack. It's an wheat beer brewed with blackberries. The berry taste, as well as the coriander & orange are subtle but recognizable. I found this to be a great beer for sitting outside in the hot sun while grilling this summer. It was light and refreshing, but flavorful enough to sip and savor, rather than gulp down.
  • Cherry Wheat is part of the Harvest Collection that came out in early September. If drunk ice cold, this a good beer to have with a hamburger or with desserts. If you drink it too slowly and it warms up, the cherry comes out more strongly and it tastes like cough medicine!

No comments: