Sunday, March 26, 2017

Boulevard Tasting Room Series: Rosemary India Pale Ale

Boulevard has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to experimenting with new beer styles, but I'm not sure that this is a cutting edge brew, or just another IPA with some oddball flavoring thrown in. Not to say that this isn't a tasty offering. I have been using rosemary, as well as marjoram, as a seasoning for sauteed vegetables lately, so I am familiar with the taste profile. I must say that am surprised at how well it contributes to the bitter edge of the IPA. As usual, Boulevard's India Pale Ale is a great example of the style, the rosemary melds very well with it; there is also a hint of mint in the mix. I can see this being an ideal companion for spicy meats, or perhaps barbecue. Nice surprise from our friends in Kansas City.

No comments: