Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oktoberfest and Other Fall Beers

It's hard to believe but at least one brand of Oktoberfest is out in the stores. I saw a huge display of Sam Adams Oktoberfest at one of my favorite beer stores today. Usually Lughnasadh at the beginning of August is when I begin transitioning into the Fall beers, but it just doesn't seem right with the temp hovering around 100. In addition to the Oktoberfest, Sam Adams also has their Harvest Collection, Fall Variety 12 pack on the shelves and Blue Moon has theirs as well. Both include a pumpkin ale, Blue Moon's has some sort of apple ale as well. I'll be picking up both before long. Personally I find the Autumn Ales and Lagers to taste the best on a cool evening as the sun is going down, not when the asphalt is boiling! So, in anticipation of another week of scorching thermometer readings, I picked up a mixed six-pack of summer ales & lagers to keep me cool for another week.

Here's a link to Beer Advocate with some ratings of Oktoberfest/Marzens

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/29

No comments: