Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cutthroat Porter from Odell Brewing

I was sure that I'd reviewed this beer before, but i couldn't find a review in the archives, so here I go:

Odell Brewing is another of those 'can't go wrong' brewers; I don't think I've ever had one of their offerings that wasn't above average. Cutthroat Porter pours a deep brown with a small tan head. As I poured I could smell the cocoa aroma before I tasted the beer. In fact the coffee and chocolate aromas mix together like a fine mocha coffee. Very sweet, almost like a milk stout, but a bit drier. Notes of toffee/caramel. I usually don't go for the heavier ales when the weather is this warm, but the two darker brews I've had tonight give me a glimpse into the cold, dark months ahead - my favorite time for beer drinking!

No comments: