Friday, May 7, 2010

Acme California Pale Ale & California IPA (India Pale Ale): North Coast Brewing


Eh...

The early promise of some of the North Coasts that I tried hasn't carried through to some of the latter ones. Does "California" in "California Pale Ale" indicate no hoppiness, no uniqueness? Not a bad brew overall, but there's a grapefruity overtone that I don't find all that pleasant. Nothing overtly wrong with it, it just doesn't sing to me like Red Seal and Rasputin do.

Maybe it's because it's 1:58PM and I'm not eating anything with it...just trying to cut 'em some slack!

Now the IPA is a bit better. Like the first Acme, the color is a golden hue with a little reddish tint, very cloudy, most likely unfiltered. This a bit on the mild side in the IPA spectrum, but in a  good way. I can see knocking back a few of these on a hot summer night with the grill going.



No comments: