Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sam Adams Winter Classics: Coastal Wheat.

Sam Adams Winter Classics is here! As always, Boston Lager; Old Fezziwig's Ale, Holiday Porter, Winter Lager & Cranberry Lambic make a return appearance and new this year, Coastal Wheat.

I thought that Coastal Wheat was an odd choice for a winter brew, but I'm kind of on the fence after drinking it. I don't taste too much of a difference between Coastal and the old Hefeweizen, which it supposedly relaces, the lemon doesn't come on very strong, in fact I could barely taste it. Perhaps a winter variety pack needs a lighter ale to counteract the heavier fare that usually heralds the beginning of winter. All that being said...I really like the Coastal Wheat and will definitely drink more!





























No comments: