Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sam Adams Irish Red


The first part of this review is an old review from September, 2009; the second section is new

We're finally at the last of the Harvest Collection - Irish Red. Not surprisingly, The Irish Red is...red, well, more of a copper color anyway. Fast dissipating head. A slight bite to it, but not much in the hops department, despite their claim to balance the maltiness with he hoppiness. No overwhelming tastes, but a hint of bread & toffee. Compares favorably to other Irish Reds. I haven't checked the food pairings, but I would recommend with barbecue.

Sam's Irish Red has grown on me over the last couple of years. I would say that it is one of my favorite year-round brews. I really enjoy having Red as part of the Harvest Collection - it has a deep maltiness that approaches the complexity of a good Oktoberfest.


No comments: