Saturday, June 6, 2009

Watchin’ “Moesha” With My Girl



Today’s “annoyance of the week” is people who say “but we won’t go there”. By definition, when you bring something up, you’ve already “gone there”, but saying
“but we won’t go there” is just an irritating way to say something snarky about someone without explaining yourself. It’s kind of a drive-by insult: “I’m going to say something insulting, or repeat some gossip, but I’m going to quickly move on so that you can’t argue with me or call me on my stupidity or ignorance.” Now, don’t get me wrong, we all have a right to our opinions, even when they’re incoherent, illogical or plain just don’t agree with my well-reasoned and intelligent opinions, but if you’re going to blurt them out where everybody can hear them, don’t be surprised when there’s disagreement.

No comments: