Saturday, June 6, 2009

Movie Review: The Final Destination



Before you read on, I have to admit that I haven’t seen this movie, and probably won’t see this movie, ever. Not seeing movies hasn’t prevented some groups from condemning the DaVinci Code, The Last Temptation of Christ or any of the Harry Potter movies, so why should it stop me? Note that the new movie in the ‘Final Destination” franchise” isn’t called ‘Final Destination 4’, but The Final Destination, kind of the opposite of how the fourth movie in the “The Fast and the Furious” series is simply called ‘Fast and Furious’, no “The”s. Anyway, the new movie, which like all the others features somebody who cheats death by seeing the future and saving all his (or her) friends from an untimely demise, but has everybody die in a gruesome fashion anyway, starts off with a catastrophe at a NASCAR race, which should be a good enough reason to stay away from the movie. Other than that, I’ve got nothing but I figure if the Pope and Jerry Fallwell can call for boycotts of movies that they haven’t seen, why can’t I?

No comments: