Friday, July 2, 2021

Kinkaider "Prison Mike" Strawberry Rhubarb Sour


 After over a month alcohol-free due to a dietary restriction and with a few days of vacation left, I was more than ready for a nice craft beer from Jake's. And it's definitely the season for sours. I was befuddled by the name on the tap, but after Googling the image, I remember the episode of "The Office" where Michael Scott plays the part of "Prison Mike". 

Prison Mike is just what you want in a flavored sour. ABV is 5.9%, a nice kick, but not too much trouble. IBUs = 17, so not much in the hoppiness category. The tartness is is about a 6 on a scale of 10, you know it's a sour, but you're not puckering up! Strawberry rhubarb is one of my favorite dessert flavors, I love it in pie, and Noosa makes a great yogurt in that flavor. And it made a great addition to a solid sour on a hot afternoon. 

No comments: