Thursday, June 23, 2016

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Ill-Gotten Booty did a review of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat several years ago. At the time I classified it as one of the few Sam Adams beers that I didn't like...cough syrup is what I compared it to. My view has softened a bit over the last few years, but man, this beer is still very cherry! The first key to enjoying a fruit beer is accept the basic fact that it's a fruit beer! I used to think that adding fruit to an ale or lager distracted the drinker from the beeriness of the brew, but I have tried so many fruit beers over the years that I have come over to the fruity side. Don't get me wrong, a well-crafted pale ale or stout trumps a fruit beer any day, but these guys have their place. If you're a summer beer guy or gal, or just are into the whole fruit thing, you'd probably like this one. Let's give it a 5.5 on the IGB scale.

No comments: