Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lakefront Brewery's Imperial Pumpkin (Aged in Brandy Barrels)

When I picked out this beer I was just looking for a new, previously-untried pumpkin ale and didn't noticed until I opened it that it was aged in brandy barrels, as was the beer I last reviewed. Before I even get rolling, I have to announce that Lakefront Imperial Pumpkin has dethroned Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin as my favorite pumpkin ale. Wow! This is some good stuff! Pours a autumny cinnamon hue with an all-but-invisible head. The mouthfeel is very creamy, with the various spices, pumpkin flavor, cinnamon and brandy overtones all vying for attention. the 8% ABV combines nicely with the brandy flavor to supply a wonderful warmth that makes this an incredibly apt choice for the cool Fall nights.

No comments: