Saturday, August 16, 2014

Tommyknocker IPA & A Half

To any and all IGB fans out there, I apologize for no beer reviews for the last six weeks. I invested in the last of the Boss Tom's Golden Bock, so I wasn't doing much experimentation. And anyone who has found themselves de-friended from Facebook, it's nothing personal and I'll explain in person!

Well, after all of that I decided to visit my go-to beer store today and came across this little jewel in the seasonal/mixed 6 door. Check it out: 87 IBU with a 7.3% ABV. Nice.

IPA & A Half pours a hazy apricot hue with a fluffy white three-finger head. Very hoppy, with grapefruity hops predominating, balanced well with some tropical fruit sweetness, and maybe some honey overtones. Despite the high IBU, the hops does not overwhelm and, unlike some super-hopped IPA's and double and imperial IPA's, there's no sense that the hops are "too much". I'd give this an IGB rating of 8/10. Enjoy!

No comments: