Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat

Ah...Shock Top...the "cool" brand from Anheuser-Busch. Sometimes it has disappointed and depressed me; sometimes it has inspired joy and exultation. I always, however, am amazed and impressed by their marketing savvy. So, in the spirit of cervisial  research, here's my take on Honeycrisp Apple Wheat. First off, the aroma of apple juice, not apples, per se, but apple juice, assaulted my nostrils, so I held a bit of trepidation about what was to come. I need not have been anxious...it was delicious! It poured a hazy lemonadey hue, with a distinct yet subdued apple taste overlaying the basic wheat. Despite this being a late winter/early spring seasonal, I would classify this as a late summer/early fall brew. Maybe I should hold a few back for barbecue time!

No comments: