Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild Ale

I have heard about this beer for over a year now; I was sad when it was not available at the Okto-Beer-Fest and began to think that it was but a myth! But the legend became reality today when my favorite craft beer rep brought me a bottle of Little Sumpin' Wild and Hop Stoopid. The label says that it's a Belgian IPA - I've really been impressed overall with this style over the last year and this one leads the pack. I poured it into a Sam Adams perfect pint glass, yielding a two finger white head with a fairly clear honey gold hue. Lots of subtle flavors and aromas wafting about: pineapple, peach, nectarine, berries...mmmm. About halfway down I'm picking up some spices - coriander and some orange peel. Well worth the wait.

No comments: