Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sam Adams Belgian Session

Somehow I managed to make it through the entire summer beer season without picking up a Sam Adams Summer Styles 12 pack. I just wasn't interested in getting the Boston Lager, Summer Ale, Noble Pils,  East-West Kolsch and espcially not the Cherry Wheat just to try the one new one the Belgian Session. Don't get me wrong, I love the East-West, but I held out and was able to get some Belgian Session in the aftermath of a couple broken bottles.

The Belgian session pours a clear gold with a fluffy white head. Kind of a creamy consistency with the distinctive flavor of the Belgians. I can detect some orange peel and a little lemon - some clove on the back side. If you're having a variety pack, not the worst of the bunch, but there are better examples of the Belgian style by American brewers out there.

No comments: